Department: Cannabis Cultivation
Location: Delta, BC
The Quality Assurance Specialist/AQAP supports the Team in the verification and validation of quality assurance, ensuring that cannabis products produced meet the organization’s objectives for quality, safety, regulatory, and customer expectations in accordance with the Cannabis Act & relevant regulations. The QA Specialist/AQAP will maintain and monitor Quality Management Systems and coordinate activities to meet production process and product quality standards.
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime and weekend days as required.
- Exposure to high decibel levels, dust, dirt and to other media requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- University degree or college diploma/degree in Microbiology, Food Science, Pharmaceutical Science or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of GPP/GAP Practices: 3-5 years
- Experience in a QA/QC position: 2 years
- Training in GMP, GPP/GAP, HACCP, GFSI or similar quality programs required.
- Experience in SOP creation, implementation and revision
- An understanding of product recall and customer complaint management.
- Competent in completion of non-compliance and corrective action reports.
- Training or experience with laboratory procedures, specifically GC, HPLC, and microbiological assays beneficial
- Knowledge or experience of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulation
- Diligent, discreet and of high integrity – as this role will handle company’s sensitive information
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal), strong computer proficiency, and well-organized
- Meticulous attention to detail in record keeping
- Must be able to pass a criminal record check and meet the requirements to obtain Health Canada Security Clearance
- Assist in managing the licensed site’s Quality Assurance Department and assist in developing, reviewing, and maintaining SOPs & Quality Management Programs and projects to ensure compliance under the Cannabis Act/Regulations.
- Work cross-departmentally to implement & maintain SOPs (i.e. Operations, Regulatory, Security);
- Maintain QMS by performing record-keeping tasks such as document updates
- Collect and review production Quality documents (sanitation journals, maintenance work orders, etc);
- Develop and execute a Sanitation Verification system using ATP swab collection;
- Support release of products through batch record compilation and review;
- Perform review, inspection, and/or validation of new materials and equipment; and
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices for the provisions of the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations that apply to the license holder.
- Out-of-specification / deviation investigation
- Participate in the initiation and writing of change controls to controlled documents as needed to ensure defined quality objectives are met
- Submit samples for analytical testing
- Equipment calibrations
- Complaints analysis (internal, external, and regulatory)
- Maintain security and confidentiality of all aspects of the business
- Participate in regulatory audits (Health Canada, other regulatory bodies, etc.)
- Assist in conducting internal quality audits
- Ensure the timely completion of all preventive and corrective actions necessary to resolve any non-conformance issues that may have been highlighted as a result of the audits.
- Maintain all records
- Prepare monthly reports
- Other duties as required