Location: Boundary Bay, Delta, BC
The Post-Harvest Supervisor will oversee and coordinate the day to day post-harvest operations, including drying, bucking, trimming, curing and bulk packaging, within a Licensed Cannabis Facility in Delta, BC.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Post-Harvest Supervisor will lead assigned teams to meet day to day production goals while maintaining a high-quality cannabis product consistent with management’s expectations and all regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule all post-harvest activities to ensure a smooth workflow including HR planning, resource allocation, and process optimization;
- Oversee daily supervision of post-harvest staff, including training and support for temporary employees;
- Oversee the complete drying process and ensure the dried product meets required specifications;
- Monitor dry rooms via automation software;
- Conduct daily inspections of dry rooms;
- Conduct moisture analysis to monitor moisture content of harvested cannabis;
- Weigh, combine and manage bulk inventory containers, ensuring accurate weights;
- Complete production documents including wet weight records, dry weight records, production journals, dry room records;
- Manage labour tracking system to track hours spent per job and worker;
- Supervise packing of cannabis for shipment;
- Manage sanitation to ensure that rooms and equipment are ready for activities;
- Ensure SOPs are up-to-date and followed by all staff;
- Work cross functionally with Quality, Operations and Cultivation teams to coordinate activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager;
- Previous experience in Cannabis post-harvest or inventory management environment required;
- Previous supervisory experience – Must be able to schedule all HR activities to maximize efficiency.
- Must be able to safely operate and use assigned equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
- Strong reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Must be able to carry out often repetitive tasks at a continuously high level of quality.
- Willingness and flexibility to complete any task that may be required.